Client-first is at the heart of everything that JDX does.
We shape our consulting capabilities, services and experiences around our clients, working with them, and our partners, to design and deliver solutions with outcomes that target our client’s pain points, unmet needs and real business problems. We use our unique perspective to provide optionality in the client outcome, while unlocking value throughout the journey. Today’s JDX client story showcases one of our client lifecycle projects, demonstrating our operating model consulting expertise.
As regulators continue to narrow their focus on Anti-money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) processes and controls, institutions must adapt to increasing regulatory complexity, across multiple jurisdictions.
Firms are under significant pressure to simplify, evolve and transform the client lifecycle from what began as a set of disparate, siloed manual processes across the front to back organisational structure, towards a more, global, automated, and holistic
enterprise-wide approach. An effective client lifecycle operating model ensures sustained compliance with new regulation, improves the customer journey, and accelerates revenue creation.
Our client, an investment bank, asked us to review and assess their current state client lifecycle operating model. The objective was to design and deliver a consistent, global operating model vision, including technology vendor selection and integration that:
- Ensured a client centric experience.
- Was delivered leveraging industry leading tools and technology.
- Ensured sustained compliance with global regulatory requirements.
Once the client had completed it’s technology vendor selection process and incepted a delivery programme, JDX’s team was pivotal in leading the external relationship with the workflow tool vendor. The team integrated those tools with the banks’
internal sales technology, including operational readiness support for the impacted Sales and Operations functions.
Executing across multiple competencies, including analysis, design, implementation support and program delivery, our team’s approach included:
Strategy, analysis and design
- Establishment of an engagement model through the implementation of a governance structure, agreed terms-of reference and a delivery framework
- Independent assessment of industry best practice and peer relativity, through the engagement of 6 other banks
- Driving the detailed analysis for KYC/AML activities to be moved from legacy systems to new core vendor platform.
Transform and operate
- Leading the management and oversight of the testing and operational readiness workstreams of the programme, across
all impacted business and functions
- Post implementation training
- Leading the subsequent people reorganisation and tune-up, to realise people efficiency gains
- Actively involved in driving design decisions for future programme phases and to drive the functional roadmap
Our solutions are outcomes-focused and transformative. Value needs to be tangible. Among many real benefits, JDX was instrumental in driving towards the the following outcomes:
- Globalised client servicing across three regions, standardising cost to serve and client ownership.
- Enhanced control environment and AML controls will be improved, Rules driven and standardised processing.
- Enhanced Sales case transparency and client experience (reduced touch points).
- Data integrity and quality improved through enhanced external data management, reduced data sources and
- Efficiency gains through reduced email traffic via a single, optimised process.