Client-first is at the heart of everything that JDX does.
We shape our consulting capabilities, services, and experiences around our clients, working with them, and our partners, to design and deliver solutions with outcomes that target our clients’ pain points, unmet needs, and real business problems. We use our unique perspective to provide optionality in the client outcome, while unlocking value throughout the journey. Today’s JDX client story showcases one of our Regulatory and Risk projects.
JDX were engaged by a leading exchange group to develop their product strategy and future trajectory, assessing possible service expansion opportunities within the derivatives market ecosystem, and aligning key stakeholders around an integrated vison
Our client sought to devise an executable product strategy that would align senior stakeholders around a vision for post trade services within the derivatives market ecosystem. JDX were engaged to provide a comprehensive understanding of the current market infrastructure landscape to enable an informed decision on the organization’s future trajectory, including service expansion opportunities that could simplify the current market infrastructure and create cost efficiencies for the industry.
- Develop and align stakeholders around an integrated vision that was in line with the firm’s value proposition and considerate of prevailing market conditions
- Assess current market infrastructure and landscape through vendor due diligence and external interviews with influential market participants
- Qualify the client’s ability and suitability to execute the strategy
- Performed business model canvas exercise to understand and document our client’s business model and value proposition
- Performed market due diligence to identify current market conditions and market infrastructure landscape and trends
- Interviewed 18 investment banks and buy-side firms to elicit their views on market infrastructure inefficiencies and opportunities
- Created a common framework to describe existing processes and infrastructure including where current issues and inefficiencies or gaps exist
- Held multiple design workshops with key project stakeholders to shape recommendations and provide early visibility of associated deliverables
- Produced a final report that documented the project approach, strategy, and roadmap for execution
- Syndicated and presented the strategy to impacted stakeholders to ensure alignment around the future trajectory and next steps
Outcomes / Measurable impact
- Aligned stakeholders around integrated vision in line with firm’s value proposition
- Developed common framework to describe existing processes and infrastructure
- Created vendor profiles to enrich understanding of market landscape
- Undertook assessment to measure likelihood of success in executing the strategy
‘JDX were instrumental in doing outreach, distilling, shaping and pulling this piece of work together for me’– Global Head of Rates and FX Derivatives
‘JDX’s ability to listen, translate and build a credible 3-5 year strategy for us has been invaluable’– Head of Rates Services