Market infrastructure board strategy
Client-first is at the heart of everything that JDX does.
We shape our consulting capabilities, services, and experiences around our clients, working with them, and our partners, to design and deliver solutions with outcomes that target our clients’ pain points, unmet needs, and real business problems. We use our unique perspective to provide optionality in the client outcome, while unlocking value throughout the journey. Today’s JDX client story showcases one of our Regulatory and Risk projects.
JDX were engaged by a leading industry utility to formulate their strategic roadmap for 2016; this included the provision of consolidated recommendations for executing upon their strategic objectives.
Our client’s board have always held an annual board meeting focussed on their product and services vision. For a 3-month period ahead of our client’s 2016 meeting, JDX were engaged to produce their market infrastructure strategy, building upon recommendations highlighted in their 2015 meeting. JDX worked with the client and its board members to identify key market trends and requirements, complimentary to existing services and new opportunities. These strategic themes were validated with the industry and collated within a roadmap.
- Understand client vision and value proposition by use of business model canvas
- Challenge client value proposition by conducting structured interviews with senior stakeholders (client and board member firms)
- Work with board member firms to develop content, test value proposition, and perform a competitor review to understand the client’s position within the market (strengths and weaknesses)
- Produced strategic scorecard measuring key performance against the following categories:
- Customer experience
- Financial stability
- Ability to innovate
- Execution of capability
- Conducted competitor review (based on Gartner quadrant)
- Performed market analysis of credit derivatives financial market infrastructure
- Lead multiple workstreams aimed at advising the client on threats and opportunities around disruptive technology and managed services
- Prepared and aligned board member firms and key customers
- Delivered tailor made recommendations on the back of structured interviews with the client and board member firms
- Unanimous decision by the board to proceed with proposals and start POCs immediately on the basis of the initial investigations
Outcomes / Measurable impact
- Successfully designed and presented 2016 market infrastructure strategy
- 100% agreement from Board level
- Board were aligned by strategic goals
- Created a scorecard to track and report on effectiveness of strategy
- Visual decomposition of current state to highlight inefficiencies of platform
‘This is probably the best presentation of a product strategy I have ever seen’– Senior Technology Advisor
‘I am really impressed with the board strategy deck…despite my relentless focus on cost reduction, this was money well spent’– CFO